God loves a cheerful giver. But why would a Christian want to cheerfully give financial donations to a church, or another charity, or a person? Here are some of the answers we have come up with at Oakridge Baptist Church. We should give cheerfully because:
- God commands us to (Malachi 3.10; 2 Corinthians 9.7).
- Giving is an act of love (2 Corinthians 8.7-9).
- Giving acknowledges God's ownership of our lives (Deuteronomy 8.18; Psalm 24.1; Matthew 25.14-15).
- Giving will keep us from lusting after money (1 Timothy 6.10).
- Giving is God's way of supporting the ministries of the church and for caring for the less fortunate in life (1 Corinthians 16.1-3;James 2.14-17).
- Giving is a sound investment (Matthew 6.19-20).
So consider being a cheerful giver. You will experience great joy and blessing as you do.