All youth are invited to join our energetic and enthusiastic group. At OBC we believe we are called to train and raise up the next generation in Biblical knowledge and Bible-based living.
OBC Youth exists to help grade 7 - grade 12 students love God, love others, and serve the world as they navigate through life in High School and transition into adulthood. Our vision is to be a Christ-centered ministry.
The following are the values and convictions we uphold:
1. Teaching The Truth - The Bible is God’s Word, and His Word is Truth. His truth sanctifies believers. We must be grounded in the foundation of the Christian faith (the whole counsel of God and doctrines). All Scripture, directly and indirectly, points back to Christ.
2. Relating To One Another - It is not worldly friendship or relationship that keeps us together. It is the love of Christ, demonstrated on the cross, that binds our relationships. A real relationship is shown by loving one another as God first loved us.
3. Exalting the Lord - Our purpose on earth is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. Whatever we do inside and outside of the church building, we are to worship or exalt God because of who He is and what He has done for us through Christ.
4. Explaining the Gospel - Nobody receives salvation by human good deeds or works. Salvation is found only in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Hence, we strive to clearly explain the message of the Gospel and preach Christ crucified. We challenge and equip believers to continue in their mission in witnessing to non-believers at school.
5. Sacrificial Service - Jesus demonstrated sacrificial service, and His followers are to do the same. We learn to demonstrate selfless love, not a selfish love, by the act of our choice.
We strongly encourage the young people to participate in the worship service and worship God with the church family at 9:30 AM.
We provide a weekly Sunday School program and a bi-weekly social event. Sunday School begins at 11:30 a.m. with a time of praise & worship, followed by Biblical teaching. Bi-weekly events are times for game-playing and getting to know one another better in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. For more information, please contact us at [email protected].